Himalayan Salt Stone massage is one of La Spa’s most popular therapies. It is a blend of pure essential oils and natural salt rock crystals formed 250 million years ago. A massage with Himalayan Salt Stone helps improve one’s overall sense of well-being as well as increasing blood circulation, reducing inflammation, improving the quality of sleep, restoring minerals as well as softening and moisturizing the skin. In addition, you may be interested to learn about the fascinating facts of this salt stone.
1. Rock salt is mined mainly in the Punjab region of Pakistan at the Khewra Salt Mine. This is the world’s second largest salt mine, located in the foothills of the Salt Range hill system. Meanwhile, colored salt rock used to make salt lamps typically comes from Kopalnia Soli Kłodawa (Poland), Kashmir (Pakistan) and Esfahan (Iran).
2. Himalayan Salt has a similar chemical composition to table salt; however, unlike the latter Himalayan Salt rehydrates the body and is unaffected by harmful toxins
3. Pink salt rock is rich in 84 trace minerals and electrolytes easily absorbed by the body; each giving different health benefits.
4. When salt stone is exposed to moisture it will reduce in size or become rough in texture depending on the amount of moisture. Therefore, it should be stored in a dry, cool environment.
5. Cooking on a pink salt block is an intriguing and natural way to impart healthy minerals into food, while adding a hint of natural salt flavor.
6. Himalayan pink salt is able to resist extremely high temperatures. It should be heated slowly. Its melting point is just over 800°C (a little under 1,500°F)
7. Due to the crystalline structure of Himalayan pink salt, heat spreads evenly over the stone’s surface until it cools and your body will feel it after the first touch.
8. Himalayan pink salt stones retain their temperature longer than the normal stones due to the crystalline structure. Stones used for massage are heated on a plate which warms the stones to 100°F in 30-40 minutes, reaching up to 115°F and maintaining the temperature throughout the day.